ingredients (yields 8-12 slices depending on thickness)
FOR THE BREAD
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1/2 c. Utopian Kitchen Roasted Salted peanut butter
1/4 c. sour cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter chips
6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE
1/2 c. Utopian Kitchen Roasted Salted peanut butter, melted
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, mix together butter, sugar, egg and egg yolk, peanut butter, sour cream and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and stir until combined.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and most of the cooked bacon (reserve some for topping) and transfer to prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Make glaze: Whisk together melted peanut butter, powdered sugar and salt. Drizzle over cooled banana bread and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.
Recipe adapted from Delish.com